- Getting Started
- Education & Training
- Interactive Career Tests
- Career Counseling
- Company Research
- Employment Legal Assistance
- Expert Advice
- Industry Information
- Relocation Resources
- Researching Careers
- Resume Tips
- Salary Guides
- Job Listings
- Job Leads by Field
- The Arts
- Food Industry
- Human Resources and Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Small Business Resources
- Networking & Support Groups
- Job Fairs
- Networking Tips & Tools
- Online Networking
- Special Groups Help
ONLINE NETWORKING TOOLS
"Over 75 million professionals use LinkedIn to exchange information, ideas and opportunities. Stay informed about your contacts and industry. Find the people & knowledge you need to achieve your goals. Control your professional identity online."
• Re-connect - Find past and present colleagues and classmates quickly. LinkedIn makes staying in touch simple.
• Power your career - Discover inside connections when you’re looking for a job or new business opportunity.
• As of February 9, 2012, LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 150 million members in over 200 countries and territories.
• Sixty percent of LinkedIn members are located outside of the United States, as of December 31, 2011.
• LinkedIn members did nearly 4.2 billion professionally-oriented searches on the platform in 2011.
• Headquartered in Mountain View, Calif., LinkedIn also has U.S. offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Omaha and San Francisco. International LinkedIn offices are located in Amsterdam, Bangalore, Delhi, Dublin, London, Melbourne, Milan, Mumbai, Munich, Paris, São Paulo, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto.
• The company’s management team is comprised of seasoned executives from companies like Yahoo!, Google, Microsoft, TiVo, PayPal and Electronic Arts. The CEO of LinkedIn is Jeff Weiner.
• LinkedIn is currently available in sixteen languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
• As of December 31, 2011, LinkedIn has 2,116 full-time employees located around the world. LinkedIn started off 2011 with about 1,000 full-time employees located across the globe, up from around 500 at the beginning of 2010.
The Savvy Networker
Practical business networking tips for entrepreneurs, small business owners, and corporate professionals. The Savvy Networker is well informed, perceptive, and displays networking skills at the next level or at a superior level.
Traits of The Savvy Networker:
• Always prepared
• Has a plan and works that plan
• Has goals in mind for each networking event
• Shows up and is present with each person
• Has a 15, 30, and 60 second prepared and practiced introduction
• Knows how to listen
• Knows that Networking is not about "selling now"
• Knows that Networking is about building relationships
• Gives without keeping score
• Knows that the "getting" comes later
• Helps others through referrals and resources
• Looks for opportunities to connect and promote others
• Follows up
Networking is much too important of a business tool to be left to chance!